Penny & Jeff in London                    

9.1.05

New Pics! Christmas and Chamonix...

Well - I've been a bit remiss in my posting duties, but I'm getting our Christmas and New Years pics from Chamonix posted up on the right hand side ----->. Since a picture is worth 1000 words, and there's something like 50 pictures...I figure that makes up for the past month or so :).

Chamonix was awesome - really amazing place to go if you're a hard core skier, a complete beginner, or not interested in getting on the slopes at all. Something for everyone, really. The pics pretty much speak for themselves - but just a couple of observations to support them:


  • Wow, those mountains are steep and tall...nothing quite like anywhere else I've been.

  • The beer, burgers, and nachos at MBC far exceed anything on offer in London.

  • The people in French ski lift lines, are quite possibly the rudest of anywhere on the planet. I have the scratches on the top of my board to prove it.

  • Riding over rocks in low snow cover does, in fact, cause huge gouges in the base of one's snowboard :(.

  • Nutella crepes at any time of the day = heaven (I'm quite partial to the late night crepe run myself).

  • Pull lifts on a snowboard are not fun. And the pull lifts at Chamonix are insane...but generally worth it.

  • Chamonix on a bluebird day with lots of fresh snow would would be...amazing

  • We're going back :).


In other news, the new year has started and we've now been in the UK for about a year (me - 367 days, Penny - 355 days)...can't believe how quickly it's gone. Looking forward to the next 300 and some-odd days!

Right - time to call it a night, signing off for now. Happy new year to all, best wishes for 2005!


      0 Comments:

      Post a Comment

      << Home